Lead Preschool Teacher
21 Pham Ngoc Thach
- We are welcoming high-level educators who specialize in early childhood learning, and in particular, who have had strong experience in the Reggio Emilia pedagogy.
- We are seeking candidates who are excellent in leadership and communication with children, parents and teaching partners and are fully engaged in the educational process of inquiry, observation and reflection. We value innovation, creativity and leading-edge thinkers.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Board of School Management to ensure our program places “the child at the center”, and that their “100 languages” is naturally developed through our unique curriculum.
- Work as an expat lead teacher – Pedagogista.
- Collaborating closely with Vietnamese educators to develop an emergent curriculum that values the MOET foundations, but is elevated through the lens of Reggio Emilia pedagogy.
- Develop and lead in-depth projects stemming from “provocations” – these projects are thorough studies of concepts and ideas based on the information gathered about children’s interests.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of teaching staff in developing lesson plans, activities, atelier set-up, management and supervision, documentation.
- Assess children’s needs and development.
- Work closely with families to build a community of cooperation and trust.
- Communicate and build relationships with parents, partners, visitors.
- Provide guidance to instructional staff to help resolve issues with students when necessary.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Continue to grow professionally through collaboration with colleagues and professional growth experiences.
- Assist the Principal in organizing procedures for identifying and addressing special needs of students including health related concerns, physical, emotional, and learning disabilities, coordinating the resources of the school and community to assist the student and family.
- Assist the Principal in completing in a timely manner, all records and reports as required.
- Other assignments upon request.
Key selection criteria
- Strong ability to connect and work collaboratively with all Vietnamese staff on-campus.
- Strong ability to respect and understand the importance of the local Vietnamese culture.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, Child development or related field.
- Deeply passionate about the development and well-being of children.
- At least 2-years’ experience as a lead teacher in a preschool that has utilized Reggio Emilia Approach pedagogy.
- Experience in working with new ideas and concepts through various forms such as music, print, art, drama, puppetry and so on.
- Strong knowledge about the Emilia Reggio philosophy and pedagogy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language.
- Excellent soft skills: collaboration, organization, communication, problem solving, teamwork, interpersonal skills, multi-tasks skills.
- Creative, logic and critical thinking, maturity, honesty, integrity and compassion.
- Being able to communicate in Vietnamese is a plus.
- Only candidates with long-term plans to develop Vietnamese education will be considered.